Sunday, January 2, 2011

It has begun!

I have arrived safely in Dublin, Ireland! 

The airplane ride was not bad at all...I ended up sitting next to a girl who graduated from Dickinson, so it was pretty cool to chat with her about Carlisle.  Her and her boyfriend were on the way to visit her sister who moved to Dublin years ago and they introduced me to a monk who they met in the terminal.  His name is Brother Columbo and he is a young guy who has a crazy long beard.  He was very funny and nice; telling stories about his life before becoming a monk and making jokes about tickling people while they are sleeping on the plane.  He is originally from Dublin, Ireland and moved to NYC eight days before 9/11.  Very interesting guy and he told me that I had a good handshake...which is something that I've never been told before. 

Currently, we are relaxing at the Abbey Court Hostel in center city Dublin.  We have a lunch at noon that is mandatory and then we have the rest of the day free.  I have to go shopping for some essentials after lunch because, of course, I forgot to transfer my toiletry bag from my checked bag to my carry on and my checked bags are on their way to Galway, while I am in Dublin.  So now...I will nap because I got zero hours of sleep on the plane!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you made it their safely. Let the adventures begin! -Emily

    ReplyDelete