Sunday, January 9, 2011

Classes...what classes?!

Modules begin tomorrow.  I'm trying to incorporate the Irish language into my life and modules are what they call classes.  I have no idea what classes I am taking.  I have no idea which building holds which classes.  The Irish do it so much different than in the States and they are pretty unorganized (they would admit that to you themselves.) 

Basically, modules begin tomorrow but we do not register for specific modules until the end of next week.  We can choose whatever module we want to go to and just attend it(or not attend it) for the next two weeks.  After that, we register for the classes that we like.  It is very strange but also makes sense.  You don't have to go through all of the drop/add, withdrawal B.S that we have to do in the States when you realize halfway through the semester that you have no idea why you are in that class.  So, I'm going to campus tomorrow with a few friends to wander around aimlessly and possibly walk into a few classes or check out the lovely scenery on campus.

Everything about Galway and NUIG is amazing, minus the €195 that I had to pay for a five-month gym membership.  I'm thinking that it will give me a reason to actually go to the gym...that and the fact that cute Irishmen work there and work out there.  The campus has some old, mid-evil buildings but also some new, modern buildings.  It's a semi-small campus but it is somewhat confusing.  It's the only campus in Ireland that is bi-lingual, so everything is written first in Irish and then(in much smaller font) in English. The campus will take some getting used to but I think after the first two weeks I should be ok.



No comments:

Post a Comment