Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The next few weeks will be a blur. (of fun)

I'm currently sitting in the library procrastinating on writing my paper.  It's for my Irish Women in Society course and I can basically write about whatever I want that compares Irish women to women in America.  Sounds easy, right?  Not really.

I've chosen to write about dating, relationships, etc. and compare the two countries and their dating rituals.  I have a lot to say but I can't seem to say it in a way that gets my point across. Gah.  This is hard especially because I haven't done actual school work in over two months.  It's also hard because some boy just peeled a clementine and now all that I can think about is eating a clementine.  Annoying.  Basically, I am just writing this post to procrastinate and because I'm at a road block in my writing.  Admittedly, I am not the best writer in the world and I'm not looking forward to all of the papers that I have this semester and this week, I am overwhelmed with work that I have to get out of the way by Friday.  Because Friday is the start of one of the best months of my life.

Arcadia is taking a trip to Belfast, Northern Ireland this weekend and I am so stoked.  We are going to the Giant's Causeway which is supposed to be phenomenal and I hope to see Paul and Roisin Duffin, exchange students that lived in Carlisle years and years ago.  When we get back from Belfast with our extra suitcase full of booze (because the North is supposed to have wicked cheap drink), Rag Week starts.

Rag Week is a week in the school year that is set aside to raise money for a specific charity by having different events each night.  For example, The Rubberbandits (the band that sings 'Horse Outside') will be giving a concert on Thursday night.  Besides raising money for charity, it is quite possibly NUIG's biggest drinking fest.  I've heard stories about the week and I don't have words to express my excitement about it.

Next Friday, the last day of Rag Week, my family arrives!!!! I have been counting down the days since I found out that all six of my family members will be visiting me in Galway!!!  I always knew that my mom and dad were coming but about a month ago, they surprised me by telling me that they were bringing all of my siblings too!!!  It is going to be an epic week when the Gilroy clan invades Ireland and I can not wait until they get here.

After they leave, St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner.  Kelsey is coming to visit for the celebrations and I have no doubt that it will be a grand weekend.  At the end of March, I have a trip to Brussels planned with my friend Jon and when we get back, classes are over and April is here!! I have yet to plan any trips for the two months of 'study time' that we get but I'm sure they will be in the works soon enough. 

Enough procrastinating, I must get back to my paper. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment