Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Electronics-2 Ellen-0

The first night in Galway, I broke my camera.  No, not my Canon Rebel, but my Canon PowerShot which means that I have taken zero pictures of the night life in Galway.  Luckily, all of my friends have been taking a gazillion pictures while we are out, so I have been stealing their photos off of Facebook...but it is just not the same as taking your own photos.

The first month in Galway, I broke my computer.  Well technically, water broke my computer.  And even more technically, water broke my keyboard, charger and charge port.  I took it to Gal Mac Computers to have a look at it because it was semi-working but mostly just not working.  They took it apart and told me that the water didn't damage my hard drive but it broke all of the things that I listed above.  They also said that my hard drive is old and is damaged from wear and tear and to put over 200euro into fixing my current laptop(and they wouldn't be able to fix the charge port completely), would be a waste.

So....after contemplating and thinking and making a list of the pros & cons...I bought a new computer.  I had to order it from the store so that I would get an American keyboard and now I have to wait 7-10 business days.  Also, I received my new camera in the mail yesterday from the States (thanks Mom & Dad!!) and I'm pumped to start taking pictures of my crazy adventures in Ireland.

On a happier note, I'm heading to London tomorrow.  Hopefully making it up to Norwich for a night to see the Stud Abroad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment